Inter Galactic Security Bureau =|I.S.B|=

Freelancer Void Server Clan - Inter Galactic Security Bureau
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Too freaking cool for words.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warcow.
Admin
avatar

Posts : 163
Join date : 2008-12-21
Age : 26
Location : In a grassy field munching on...well...grass.

PostSubject: Too freaking cool for words.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm

We watched this in English class a couple of weeks ago to start our unit on satire...and I finally managed to find it online.

You have to check this out - it's from The Onion, who basically do parody newscasts. About 75% of their stuff is pure win, and the other 25% is at least fifty percent win. The following vid most definitely falls into the former category.





I just found the following vid, too. Holy s*** - it reminded me a little too much of the church mission trip I went on two years ago. We went to an absolutely poverty-stricken Indian reservation, not knowing that the faith-based aid organizations working there were only offering assistance to those that converted to Christianity. More power to the Onion - the "conditional aid" crowd has had it coming since the dawn of time. Very Happy


_________________
We're making a list
We're checking it twice
We're gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
The I.S.B. is coming...to town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://void-isb.forumotion.com
Comfort

avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2008-12-23
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Too freaking cool for words.   Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 pm

lol, these guys are always epic. Do see a few of these in history and english, though. And rofl at the scrolling news at the bottom - "Jazz at an end due to lack of public interest - final perfomance of this 90-year-old genre will be at the natural history museum on Friday" lol!

_________________


I don't know why, but some prick kid keeps delivering me newspapers. Doesn't he know I write my own?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warcow.
Admin
avatar

Posts : 163
Join date : 2008-12-21
Age : 26
Location : In a grassy field munching on...well...grass.

PostSubject: Re: Too freaking cool for words.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Haha, yeah. The scrolling headlines always great. Sometimes I'll watch their vids twice just to get them all the second time through. Very Happy

_________________
We're making a list
We're checking it twice
We're gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
The I.S.B. is coming...to town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://void-isb.forumotion.com
charred



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Too freaking cool for words.   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 pm

lmao 'i had to eat my own fingers'

haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Too freaking cool for words.   

Back to top Go down
 
Too freaking cool for words.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Cool Cats & Hot Dogs in Bearville!
» Complete the Story (MAXIMUM 8 WORDS ONLY)
» Make up a story using the words given to you.
» Create the Best Outfit using BABV PSI
» Emoticon Code from Neopets!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inter Galactic Security Bureau =|I.S.B|= :: =|I.S.B|= - Public Sector :: The Public Bar-
Jump to: