Inter Galactic Security Bureau =|I.S.B|=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inter Galactic Security Bureau =|I.S.B|=

Freelancer Void Server Clan - Inter Galactic Security Bureau

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... Empty
PostSubject: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Just thought I'd post a link to a slice of musical awesomeness...this vid pretty much made my life.

The band is called "iwrestledabearonce." They're a metal band from the New Orleans area that apparently doesn't take themselves too seriously, even though they're pretty darn good musicians.

Even if this isn't your cup of tea, just watch it all the way through. I can't explain why at this point, since that would ruin the awesomeness. Okay...here it is.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://void-isb.forumotion.com
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 am

Okay... wtf. At least this breaks the stererotype of metal murder music vids XD

This one is pretty strange too... but it's more of the music than anything else. Because there is no vid for it.

Back to top Go down
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Haha...my favorite part of the vid is when it gets really quiet, you get the piano, and then the awkward sound effect before it goes into the breakdown... Very Happy

Anyway, thanks for sharing the song - drum and bass has never really been my cup of tea, but I liked it anyway. It was catchy... Very Happy

Hows about we keep posting music vids or songs? Here's one to keep the ball rolling...it's totally different than the last one, but it's still awesome, albeit in a different way.

Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:52 pm

That was awesome, has a feel of independent film about it Very Happy

Here's some of the best game music ever made, I would think. If you really want to understand the "End Credits" music then you really have to watch the cutscenes for it. Just search freespace 2 on youtube and you should find them easily.

Best quote from the comments on this first one:
azile0 wrote:
"Another Shivvie down! Alright, another wing of Seraphims coming in! Beta wing, take 'em down! Delta, focus on these Scorpions!"

Back to top Go down
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:40 am

Comfort wrote:
That was awesome, has a feel of independent film about it Very Happy

Yep, that's because it IS one... Very Happy Kaki's always been pretty indie. (She's also an amazing acoustic guitarist...check out some of her other vids if you want to see her in action.)

The Freespace 2 music was pretty cool - I've never played the actual game though, even though I've played Descent, which I think is it's great-grandaddy or something.

Okay. Check this out. These guys are Australian, but they're one of the tightest bands I've ever heard. (The song takes awhile to really get going, but once it does it's amazing.)

(I'm actually trying to learn this on guitar, and it's been giving me a royal pain in the ass for months... Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:05 am

Okay. Now THAT was freaking awesome!!! Shocked

As for my contribution... just some more game music. Can't say it's bad though. Metal Arms: Glitch in the system has some of the best music, gameplay, and storyline I've ever seen in a console game. This is one theme and the end credits. The end credits are awesome, especially after 30-odd levels of gameplay, and even more especially after two encounters with Corrosive, who is virtually indestructible. Here's a point of case for this theory: He survives atmospheric reentry from a crashing space station. Jesus...

Back to top Go down
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:56 am

I just watched some trailers...dude...that seems like an awesome game. I might have to check it out, see if I can find an old copy or something.

Okay...here's something else. Another metal band that doesn't take themselves too seriously. Apparently, they claim they were drunk when this was filmed. Which wouldn't surprise me at all.

I actually heard somewhere that Karnivool considers these guys one of their major influences...that doesn't surprise me actually, both bands love playing around with interesting rhythms.
Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:05 am

rofl! Air everything!!! lol! One thing I never got; How can people bob their heads like that? I always get a headache when I try...

Anyways... here's a wierd one. Awesome song, but seriously... this is how scenes Willy Wonka synchronises with 2112, a song by Rush. Strange stuff, at times...

Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 am

Man I completely forgot about these ones. I love the music off Timesplitters 2!!

Back to top Go down
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Can't say that I've played Timesplitters before, but the music sounds pretty good.

But the Rush/Willy Wonka thing was absolutely awesome...I think the best parts were the middle and end. Weird stuff... Very Happy

Alright...in that same vein, here's some stuff from a band called Spastic Ink. Once in awhile, they'll write songs around cartoons...the instruments will follow the voices of the characters or the action on-screen. This is some seriously weird stuff...

Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 am

Awesome stuff, music ties in with the words and actions perfectly. Love it.

Here's a parody of "I'm On A Boat". It's made by the presenters on Pulp Sport, which is hilarious... and so is this. Watch, but... viewer discretion is advised. Coarse Language and occasional beastiality (well, almost). I said discretion advised! XD

Back to top Go down
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Hahahahaha...the folks at Lonely Island shoulda seen that one coming.

Okay...check this out. It's live stuff from a band called "At the Drive-In." They were this underground punk rock band with an experimental edge that basically split up just as they were starting to turn some heads.

Umm...this is a little loud, and the singer can be a bit much...but if you can get past it these guys are awesome.

Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 am

Hmm... not to my tastes, but that singer isn't the wierdest I've ever heard Very Happy

And yeah... I have no vids to offer. Unlees you wanna see an a fairly epic modded battle out of Freespace 2 that has some electronica for an awesome soundtrack. And also because the sounds from the game are epicly loud.
Back to top Go down
Warcow.
Admin
Warcow.

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:41 am

That could be cool - if you wanna upload it go for it... Very Happy

Okay - I'm posting one more vid and then I swear I'm done. I happened across this today and it's by far the most bizarre song/video I'm ever seen or heard. Ever. It's like stoner rock on drugs. Umm...I mean more drugs than usual.

Still...Zach Hill is an awesome drummer, even though he's more than a little bit screwed up...

Back to top Go down
Comfort

Comfort

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 am

wtf... I have never seen anyone eat so many random objects. And then present it to me claymation-style XD

Here is a video by JCDentonCZ, advertising his mission mod for Freespace 2. The music is by Infinite Dimensions, who are an electronica band. This is a fairly epic battle in my opinion, this amount of capital ships in a fight is very unusual due to you being a fighter or bomber pilot and nothing else in the game, and even when you do bomb there's usually only about 5 ships there max.

Oh, and he shows why he didn't use any battle sounds at the end... even though they are epicly awesome.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...   Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some pure, unadulterated off-topicness...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inter Galactic Security Bureau =|I.S.B|= :: =|I.S.B|= - Public Sector :: The Public Bar-
Jump to: